Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Good News

I just spoke to David and Suzi via Skype in Manzanillo: David's knee is feeling better with each passing hour, so they are leaving tomorrow and sailing with Tim to Zihuatanejo. Marc and I will meet them there next Tuesday. David talked to Dr. Tom last night (I think he referred to him as his personal savior or something along those lines); Tom said that lots of people walk around on a torn meniscus for years, so David is hoping to get at least a couple of months out of his.

This turn of events has been the catalyst for a major change in the overall cruising plan, however; after our week in Z-town, the Sobolewskis plan to sail north to the Sea of Cortez, where they will spend the rest of spring and summer. Their boat bottom has blisters that need to be attended to, so they may pull the boat out and spend some time back in Laguna. Stay tuned for further developments: it's all rather hazy at this point. -Kris

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wishing you all a healthy and happy time in "Z"! Best of luck with the injured leg David.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys...Tami Heartt here. I have been loving reading your adventures along with my sister who is in the Grenadines right now. Wow - how wonderful. Sorry to hear about David, that stinks! I hope modern medicine will help him to feel better and you guys wont have to change your plans too much. We will sent our very best karma your way. Keep up the entries - i read them all, despite not commenting. Picture me smiling, saying "way cool" or "oh no!" when there are bumps in the road. We love you and miss seeing you. I will be on the beach every day this summer. Soo...if you have to hang here...I'll be stoked to see you. Love you and miss you! tam