Friday, June 19, 2009

Outta there at last!






We are once more crossing the bar finally at 11:00 this morning, leaving this beautiful marina after more than a month. We have many things yet to do, so this is a short reflection. I always have mixed feelings when I am about to leave a place where I have been safe and secure, pampered with fabulous food fixed by Mart'in, the gourmet El Salvadorian hotel cook, and nurtured by some great people, cruisers and residents here. I am sad to leave the warmth of the new friendships, and I am so grateful for the opportunity to be of service to some of the kids on the island, although I did not do much, and I will miss exploring and shopping with those who have offered their transportation and local knowledge. We have had nothing but wonderful experiences, helping to make the time troubleshooting and fixing mechanical stuff easier. We leave with a new battery system, generator, and battery charger (thanks to Daniel) and are hoping for a more stable way to keep up with the warm water and need for refrigeration to keep food fresh. We have a new antenna which has given us back communication on our VHF! YIPPEE!

We are heading for Punta Mango and Tamarindo, which is the western edge of the Gulf of Fonseca, and depending on the weather and waves, we will stay for a few days before heading off to Nicaragua. We will keep in touch. We love you all! The pictures include: A trip David took to El Salvador with some other cruiser friends, my trip to La Libertad and Sunsal, a famous surf spot with Tamar and Paul from the boat Xanadu, and Collete and Murray, who were gracious enough to take us on our outting last Sunday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Again,
I love your blogs!
La Libertad, reminds me of the surf/adventure journey I took by jeep/camper to Costa Rica with Stu, @thirty five years ago.
Thank you for bringing all of the memories (both high and low) back again.
Ciao,
Jean