Friday, August 14, 2009

From Herradura

We had a fabulous sail across Gulfo de Nicoya two days ago with Mandy and celebrated the fun with some of the last bottle of tequila hidden in our bilge from when we left home. Mandy left early morn for Quepos, and we stayed to take care of the last of the boat issues (perhaps a little salt water in the oil from the former leak, so that it registered too high). We pumped out the old oil and added new, and today we are going into the very expensive Los Suenos Marina for fuel and a free oil change with purchase of the oil. I am sure that will take care of the oil problem (my job is to smile, you know :)), and we are hoping to go around the corner to Punta Leona to catch some waves at Playa Escondido and do a bit of snorkling. We may even leave this evening for Quepos to get the best of the weather and wind overnight. Love to all, Suzi and David

Couldn't get this sailmail out this morn, so I am trying tonight, one more time. We did get everything done and went up to Playa Escondido, and, although there were some surfers out, the waves were not that great and not frequent enough for the effort. We had a really nice afternoon, swimming and reading, and now we are back in Herradura for the stormy, thunder and lightning night. Leaving early morn. Bye.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I have been on an email hiatus, & just checked out your blog. I am happy that your sail is fixed. I will send my email to Kris, since I have only your bog address.
Bon voyage,
Jean

Anonymous said...

Great to get your e-mail and now have your blog on my favorites. Nice summer in SLC. Not too many super hot days. Haven't had many adventures since the spring Grand
Canyon trip. Lots of wild flower excursions to the canyons.
Safe travels,
Dusty