Thursday, October 8, 2009

Rio Santa Lucia, Panama

The last few communiques from Suzi have been about her eye. She is having some issues but has discussed them with her eye doctor. She may have to go in to see a doctor in Panama City and is awaiting further instructions from her ophthalmologist here, having recently answered more questions regarding her symptoms. I'll keep you posted.-Kris

Hi there. Seems like it has been a very long time since I have talked to you and I am hoping to find a message from you when I send this, letting me know that all is well. I think in my last message to you I said that the storms had been quite light with little thunder and lightning. The last day we did our wonderful clear water snorkling and managed to build a fire on the beach ended with the scariest storm of the year; the lightning was way too close, popping like a real gun. YOW!

We had a great sail over to Rio Santa Lucia where we are now, and we explored the land a bit. It is beautiful ranch land with only one tienda many miles away from where we are. We were lucky to hitch rides both ways, but we did get a chance to walk quite a ways, and it was really wonderful. We will check out the waves around the island just off of here tomorrow and I will let you know what it was like. I am still seeing through a spidery web and I look forward to hearing what Diana Kirsten thinks about it. Love to you. I hope all is well. Suz

Hi Kris, David here letting you know that last night and this morning have been so beautiful, full moon and stars everywhere with only a few clouds here and there. It's been a long time since I've seen a sky that doesn't have any clouds in it; they are pretty in themselves, but there is a lot to say for a cloudless sky. And if there are no clouds there won't be any rain. Even though they say this has been a really dry year, we have still seen enough rain to last us a long time. This has gotten a bit long so I better say goodbye for now. See ya soon. David      

PS- We have tried 3 days in a row now to send this but have been unable to get out from here. Hopefully this one will go through; Suzi is anxious to hear what the outside world says about her eye!!!

No comments: