Sunday, September 12, 2010

Surarrow: Day Three

Today the wind and squalls subsided long enough for Apii to take us out to Perfect Reef, about 4 miles from here. What a fantastic pleasure it was. I never seem to tire of crystal clear warm water to glide through as I check out the wonderland of colorful coral. It is a perfect reef within a reef with formations which are quite unusual. The blue, purple, yellow, orange, lime green, mauve, pink, and lavender coral are all different in some way, and I wish I knew more about them. I saw an exquisite pinkish lavender starfish I hadn't seen, and David scared a small turtle and caught her on film whisking away as fast as she could. We are just now learning our underwater camera skills, and David got some good shots. This evening we are on the boat soaking up the peace of this paradise, and I am half way through Tom Neale's book, hoping to finish by tomorrow. This is a difficult place to leave, so who knows when that will happen? The passages always seem to enhance the time spent inside the safety of the lagoon, especially here. Bye for now, S.

No comments: