Monday, September 13, 2010

A Suwarrow Sunday

This evening the wind has really kicked up, making me feel thankful that Sidewinder is safe inside the lagoon and is cozy. I am safe and secure; even the lagoon waves are moving the boats but all is well. We changed the oil this morning and did a few other chores, and then we went snorkeling along the reef behind us. It was clear and wonderful........what a way to get exercise! We motored into the Yacht Club and Apii helped me make some coconut milk (cream) for the shrimp curry I made us for dinner. YUM! David did his share of grating coconut as well. It rained, I showered, and we took some good drinking water back with us to the boat. All in all, it was a wonderful Sunday, and I look forward to finishing An Island to Oneself tonight before falling asleep to the sound of wild wind. We will stay one or two days more at least.  Love, Suzi

No comments: