Sunday, November 21, 2010

Home for Holidays !!!

We have made it back to the "Land of Plenty" and after almost a year away I can't say how good it is to be back. We have seen some beautiful places, met some great people ( both other cruisers and locals ) and had some great times playing, but stepping off that plane onto home turf was something special. I can't really pin point it other than to say it was like coming home. It didn't hurt that we arrived during a mild Santa Ana wind condition so the air was clear and warm and since it was in the afternoon of a work day there wasn't all that much traffic on the freeways either. We were met at the airport by Suzi's Sister (Jane )and her boyfriend (Bruce) and I swear it only took us an hour after we landed before we were on our way to where Jane was storing our car. And that included gathering our luggage and going through customs which can be a real hassle in it's self. It was all so easy and we have them to thank for that. Then it was off to Laguna to reunite with all our friends there. I was told we were having a dinner for a few close friends the next night to welcome us home but as I walked in the front door of the Degen's house I was greeted by "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" !!!!
Yes, I was totally surprised by this early birthday celebration and felt pretty special to say the least. I hadn't seen most of these friends for over a year and yet they still made the effort to honor my 60th Birthday. Most of these friends are older than I but I have to say that they all looked so healthy and happy with smiles that came out of their eyes and bellies that were flat and hard. Yes, it was good coming home !!! We are now in Northern Calif. visiting my family and spending Thanksgiving at the Ranch, after that we will travel to Portland, Oregon to see Casey for a week and then back to Laguna for a little R&R. WE will post some photos of our visits after we get  back. Till then, take it easy and see ya soon !!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was great to have you heme, Stay healthy and come back soon, cheers, anne(neighbor)