Saturday, August 18, 2012

Getting Ready to Depart Fulanga

We have been having some problems with the sailmail lately and just want to give you a little update, in case we can't reach out to you tomorrow. The weather is beautiful today, but maybe too windy for snorkeling one more time in the pass. I was on Chesapeake, visiting the village most of yesterday, while David did try out his spear-gun with Riada Dave; it was kind of a fiasco, but he learned a lot about his gun so that he left here this morning in the longboat with some local divers and some confidence. It's pretty tricky out here trying to shoot fish so I do hope he has fun today. Tomorrow we will all go to the village for church and lunch, and then we will have a farewell evening with Chesapeake and the Soggy Paws group who are now with us. Our plan is to leave sometime on Monday for the small island of Matuku, which is supposed to have surf and maybe just stay a day or two. Then we will head for Kandavu, which is supposed to be another fabulous adventure of diving, surfing, hiking, and meeting some more wonderful villagers. I am also looking for fresh veggies, which, I have heard, they have. That would be fun!:) Yesterday, Tai, the local host did give me some fresh greens they call cabbage, and I will test them out this evening. That's it for the news and I pray I can send this out to you.

No comments: